It’s been a while since I did one of these journal-type of posts, and there’s actually quite a few things that I’d like to share. First, I’d like to talk about Tabulas.com.
I’ve had several blogs in the past, but I’ve blogged the longest at Tabulas. It was a user-friendly site, not that many features compared to WordPress and others but it was quite simple to use, very accessible, and not blocked at work. Last Saturday, Tabulas.com turned 10 years old (I never knew it came before Facebook and Twitter – that was quite a surprise), and a day later the owner decided to pull the plug on the servers. Now, it’s already down, and with it are the hundreds of articles (across multiple accounts) that I’ve written.
Nowadays, I only use Tabulas as way to store my drafts – I’d write a couple of lines at work, save it in Tabulas, then transfer it here when I got home. I don’t mind losing my articles – I’ve already transferred most of what’s important here. What I do mind is I’ve now completely lost the connections that I’ve made in the short span of time that I was actively posting there. I already lost my audience years ago, but the closing of Tabulas is pretty much the final nail on that coffin. I’ll be happy if the site came back up, as I’m sure a lot of other bloggers still rely on that cozy website. Thank you, Tabulas, and thank you Roy for providing me and a lot of other people a venue for expressing our thoughts and opinions.
Now, with that out of the way, I want to talk my current dilemma – Spec Ops 7 in Avengers Alliance. I’ve already completed 24 out of the 25 requirements to get the newest Hero, and I only have 12 days left to finish mission 25. But I need a total of 135 Command Points, and I only have 67 (at this very moment). That’s still 68 Command Points left, and that’s still quite a lot to grind for. I hope I get lucky with all of the mission rewards and close this out soon, I don’t want to risk missing out on Hank Pym. Yes, it’s only a game, I won’t die or lose my job if I don’t finish this, but I’ve always been able to get the Specs Ops Heroes and it’s going to be such a shame if I miss this one now, especially since I only have one requirement to go.
Another dilemma that I have is that I don’t know what to play next. I’ve made it a point to complete all of my remaining Gamecube games before I start playing my Wii games, but I don’t know which one I should try out. It’s not like anyone is going to make a suggestion, so I’m not going to bother and ask here, I’ll just list down what I have left and maybe that’ll help me decide:
- Tales of Symphonia (RPG)
- Resident Evil Remake (I haven’t finished Chris Redfield’s game)
- 007 Everything or Nothing (an action game based on the Pierce Brosnan Bond movie series)
- Starfox Assault (a hybrid 3rd person shooter and space flight simulation game)
- Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (RPG with Super Mario characters)
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (save the best for last?)
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (or is this the best?)
- Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
- Luigi’s Mansion (do I even want to bother with this?)
- Beyond Good and Evil
- Battalion Wars (I actually tried to complete this, but it’s too hard for me)
- X-Men Legends 2: The Age of Apocalypse
- Super Mario Sunshine
- Animal Crossing
- Lost Kingdoms 2
- Baten Kaitos Origins
- Viewtiful Joe (my nephew’s)
- Viewtiful Joe 2 (my nephew’s)
- True Crime: Streets of L.A. (my nephew’s)
- Timesplitters: Future Perfect (my nephew’s)
- Freedom Fighters (my nephew’s)
Wow, that’s still quite a lot. Until now, I still haven’t really made up my mind as to which game is next, but it looks like it’s a toss up between Starfox Assault and Paper Mario first.
That’s about it for now. I wonder if I’ll be able to finish all 23 games on my list? Probably not.